Here are some highlights from what awaited me in the blog newsreader when I got back from New York:
• From kung fu squirrels to mysterious county inspectors, Geoff Duncan is having far too much fun checking out his new neighborhood in North Seattle.
• John Hedtke has discovered an online etymology dictionery.
• A Gardener's Notebook ponders why some L.A. neighbors have painted their lawn.
• Clive Thompson's superb blog Collision Detection notes that an English college student has compiled a comprehensive online guide to destroying the earth.
• Amazon changed its user interface (at the item level; check out any of the books). An improvement on what was becoming an increasingly chaotic page. While you're there, have a look at my cousin Earl Rovit's new book Hemingway and Faulkner in Their Times.