I've been sick with a strange sore throat all weekend, and slept through most of the day today. As a result, there's a pile of plant clippings still sitting the middle of the back yard waiting to be lugged out to the compost bin. And we had to order in a pizza for dinner.
I woke up around 6 p.m., but then Zoe hopped up on the bed and snuggled up, resting her head on my shoulder and gazing soulfully into my eyes...while...purring...hypnotically...
Back to sleep.
Now I'm up and making a list of what I need to do tomorrow so I won't have to do anything strenous, like think.
• move clippings into compost bin
• yoga class
• move boxes of summer clothes into attic (while the cats are outside, so they won't go rooting around in the attic and in the walls)
• clean out closet in office, which is currently impassable
• babysit neighbor's daughter for an hour
• call John and see how the rotator cuff surgery went (ouch!)
• cook polenta and veggies for dinner