The site fridayfive posts five questions for you to answer in your blog. After posting, you leave a link to your blog for others to visit.
1. List five things you'd like to accomplish by the end of the year.
• Survive Thanksgiving
• Get the holiday letters out on time
• Take some real vacation days with my husband without being "on call" to my boss 24/7
• Wander around town and discover some new bookstores, thrift shops and cafes
• Have coffee or lunch with friends I usually talk with only at dances, parties or online
2. List five people you've lost contact with that you'd like to hear from again.
• Steve Litt
• Patrick Henry
• Miren Etcheverry
• Harriet Moss
• Harry Guffee
3. List five things you'd like to learn how to do.
• basic woodworking
• the North Carolina shag
• African dance
• play bluegrass bass
4. List five things you'd do if you won the lottery (no limit).
• Pay off the mortgage
• Take a year off to write fiction
• Hire an au pair for Sheba (our rambunctious deaf white cat)
• Make anonymous contributions to charities
• Order expensive, exotic ingredients for cooking
5. List five things you do that help you relax.
• Pet the cats
• Shop (but only in thrift shops and consignment shops)
• Contra dance
• Read mysteries and science fiction