The Friday Five asks:
1. What does it say in the signature line of your emails?
Mac OS X mail lets you keep a whole library of signatures, specify defaults, and apply alternates at will. My favorite, particularly for communicating with arrogant Luddites, is:
"The question of whether computers can think is like the question of whether submarines can swim."
--Edsger Wybe Dijkstra
2. Did you have a senior quote in your high school yearbook? What was it?
We didn't have quotes in our yearbook. We did have a senior will, in which we left things to people. I'd love to find a copy of that...I remember leaving a particularly obsequious underclassman kneepads "for more comfortable groveling." Yes, I was mean.
3. If you had vanity plates on your car, what would they read?
Not sure. Nobody would notice, anyway--my 1980 Honda Civic stationwagon has so many bumperstickers.
4. Have you received any gifts with messages engraved upon them? What did the inscription say?
No engraving. Just books with autographs...
5. What would you like your epitaph to be?